PIR – PULSED NEAR INFRARED DEVICE BY NOWMI LAB
SKU: NOWMI LAB
PIR – The new standard in at-home facial skin rejuvenation
NowMi Lab is excited to introduce the PIR (Pulsed InfraRed technology) – the first and only at-home facial rejuvenation and whitening system using Near Infrared (NIR) energy for the most effective and long-lasting skin tightening and anti-aging results.
* Spa quality results at home
* Quick treatment
* Suitable for all skin types
* Clinically proven technology
* Cost-effective – no consumables
* Compact and portable
Till now, NIR technology was only available through clinics and spas. Now, thanks to the PIR device, you can enjoy all the benefits of NIR from the comfort of your home at a fraction of the cost of professional treatments.
The Technology behind PIR
PIR (Pulsed InfraRed technology) harnesses the power of Near-Infrared (NIR) technology which has become one of the most popular technologies for aesthetic and anti-aging applications.
Compared to other light-based solutions, NIR uses long wavelengths in the range of 700-1200 nm, which can effectively penetrate the deeper layers of the skin, namely the subcutaneous and muscle layers, and rejuvenate the skin from its foundations.
Another key advantage of NIR technology is that it does not affect the skin’s epidermal layer, eliminating the danger of superficial burns or skin damage.
How PIR works
The PIR device is powered by a unique pulsed lamp that emits NIR light in the range of 900-1200 nm and has three treatment levels:
Issues five pulses per second. Ideal for sensitive skin or for the first stages of the treatment.
Issues three pulses per second. Ideal for daily skin rejuvenation treatments.
Issues one pulse per second of 10 Watts per CM2. This modality is ideal for achieving V-shape facial contouring.
PIR is simple to use
- PIR is equipped with a power on/off button to start and stop the treatment. The power button is also used to choose one of the three settings: High, Medium, and Low.
- Once the device is activated, the user simply glides the device over their face/neck. The treatment doesn’t require any gel or eye goggles. The PIR flash lamp gently delivers the NIR energy, and there is no risk of tissue damage or accidental eye injury.
- The PIR device can be used anywhere on the face/neck (except on the eyeball and around the eye socket).
- Treatment is approximately 5 minutes.
PIR is safe and painless
The PIR device is equipped with a built-in temperature sensor. If the skin temperature exceeds 43°C (109.4°F), the device will sound a beep and stop working. The device can be used again once the skin temperature decreases to 42°C (107.6°F). This safety measure prevents the skin from overheating, preventing burns or injuries.
The device is equipped with three electrodes. As a safety precaution, all three need to be in contact with the skin before a pulse is issued. This prevents any pulse from being issued in the air or outside the designated treatment area.
The PIR treatment is completely non-invasive and painless. During the treatment, the user will feel the skin warming up, but this is a pleasant sensation, similar to that of a sun bed.